Dance is a subject within the Performing Arts faculty; it has good results at KS4, and within KS3 dance is now embedded.
- Dance technique and different styles of dance, such as Contemporary, Ballroom, Street Dance, Indian and African Dance.
- We look at and study Professional Dance works such as Matthew Bourne's Car Man and at the Penguin Cafe by David Bintley.
- Understand expressive and interpretive skills in dance
- Know how to review work and make positive comments on dances they watch
- Begin to look at dance choreography and the process of making a dance piece
Students will complete three units;
UNIT 1 – Individual Showcase (externally assessed)
Unit 2 - Preparation, Performance and Production (internally assessed)
Unit 3 - Specialist Skills - Dance Skills (internally assessed)
The course focuses on how organisation in the Performing Arts industry operate and the key concepts and principles related to the world of Performing Arts.
Dance is a vibrant subject with many successful candidates going on to do further studies in dance after leaving Palatine
Should additional information relating to the curriculum be required, please contact Ms T Ridgeway on 01253 336500.