In April 2010, Palatine changed its status and became a Trust school. This change of status allows Palatine to form formal partnerships with organisations to support the school.
With support of our new Trust partners, there is every reason to be optimistic that Palatine will meet its targets and most importantly enhance the life chances of our fantastic students.
At Palatine we have been fortunate to aquire seven Trust Partners. They are
- Blackpool and the Fylde College (Lead Partner) - Ms Pauline Waterhouse and Mr Stephen Lamley
- Blackpool Sixth Form College - Ms Felicity Grieves
- Blackpool FC Community Trust - Mr Gavin Steele
- Local Authority - Mrs Sue Harrison
- NHS Blackpool - Mrs Wendy Swift
- Palatine Pyramid - Mr Michael Shepherd
- University of Cumbria - Mr Kevin Bowles
Dates of Trust Board Meetings: Monday 24th September 2012; Monday 28th January 2013; Monday 22nd May 2013
The Governors of Palatine Sports College are a group of committed people who support the school not only through their attendance at meetings, but through their presence at academic, social and sporting events.
The Governing Body duties are detailed in the terms of reference, however their main duties include:
- Supporting the recruitment process of all staff
- Supporting the effectiveness of the school in it’s goals of promoting pupil achievement, attainment and development
- Approving the school budget
- Reviewing progress against the schools improvement plan and overall aims and objectives
- Setting strategic direction, policies and objectives
Dates of Governing Body Meetings: Wednesday 7th November 2012; Monday 4th February 2013; Monday 17th June 2013
Main Governing Body
In addition to being a member of the main Governing Body, governors of Palatine Sports College also sit on school committees to ensure that procedures and policies are correctly adopted throughout the whole school.
Current school committees are:
- Finance and Resources Committee
Dates: Monday 15th October 2012; Monday 28th January 2013; Monday 20th May 2013
- Standards and Effectiveness Committee
Dates: Wednesday 19th September 2012; Monday 19th November 2012; Monday 14th January 2013; Monday 11th March 2013; Monday 13th May 2013